Westcon is currently seeking applicants for an Executive Director position. This is an Independent Contractor position and presently requires about 40 hours per month.
Interested parties should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Those being considered will be contacted and an initial phone interview will be set up.
Please review the following qualifications before sending in your resume:
Western Construction Consultants Organization – Executive Director
The purpose of Westcon is to promote the highest standard of professionalism, protect the general welfare of the construction industry, improve the practice of the professional construction consultant and offer expertise and knowledge to the construction industry. Established in 1989, Westcon is a 501 c (6) nonprofit
registered in Alameda California.
The Board of Directors of Western Construction Consultants Organization seeks
an executive director to take the lead on various high-level administrative duties.
- Coordinate event activities to ensure seamless planning and execution of events.
- Schedule and coordinate logistics for monthly meetings including locations, reservations, menus, catering, speakers and payments.
- Manage day-to-day communications including emails, phone calls, referrals, and general inquiries.
- Responsible for maintaining corporate documents, records and data, website, directory, mailings, bookkeeping, ballots, and Board requirements or requests.
- Assist in other areas as deemed necessary.
The executive director reports directly to the President of the Board and the Board of Directors
- A minimum of 5-7 years of non-profit, public agency management experience or executive director experience.
- Effectively lead an organization and staff.
- Significant experience working collaboratively with a diverse group of individuals and their companies.
- Experience coordinating and executing events and programs.
- Experience hiring and supervising temporary staff.
- Record of successful fundraising from public and private sources to support nonprofit agencies.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and graphic programs needed to produce various marketing materials
- Proficient in social media platforms.
- Motivated by passion, idealism, integrity, flexibility, positive attitude and self-direction.
- Compassionate, visionary, proactive, smart, and a sense of humor.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong marketing, public relations and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures.
- Strategic thinking and building collaborative partnerships that facilitate Westcon’s mission and vision.
- Understanding of the construction industry.
Salary and Benefits:
This is not a full time position. Hours vary throughout the year depending on events. Salary offered will be open to discussion and depend on the expertise and experience of the selected candidate. This is an independent contractor position and does not include benefits.
Applicants should send their resumes and cover letters describing their qualifications and their interest in the position to Rikki Field at – email@example.com Deadline for applications is August 26th 2016. The succession committee will keep all applications confidential.